A. School Meal Payments
- Meal purchasing procedure
- a. Parents/guardians are expected to manage school meal accounts and deposit funds to assure students can purchase meals.
- b. Payments on accounts can be paid with cash, check, debit card or credit card.
B. Free and Reduced Lunch
- Free and reduced lunch applications are available at the main office. If determined eligible, the free or reduced meals start the day the application was processed.
- Charges prior to the date the application is approved is the responsibility of the student or guardian.
- All ala carte items or seconds (including milks) are the responsibility of the parent/guardian.
C. Notification of Low Funds
- Low funds are defined as any balance with less than $20.00 per student account.
- Parents/guardians will be notified of low fund balances.
- Once a student account has reached $0.00, the student will not be allowed seconds or ala carte items.
D. Carry Over Balances
- A family who ends the school year with a positive or negative balance will start the next school year with the same balance unless it changed over the summer.
E. Debt Collection
- The district will pursue all means to collect overdue accounts.
- Accounts with a balance of -$150.00 or greater per student may be turned over to collections.
First Reading: September 10th, 2018
Approved: October 8th, 2018